– USD no longer just a yield story
– Safe haven bids are back
– Delta variant is a key driver of investor anxiety
– Falling oil prices benefit USD
Image © Adobe Stock
- GBP/USD reference rates at publication:
- Spot: 1.3802
- Bank transfers (indicative guide): 1.3420-1.3517
- Money transfer specialist rates (indicative): 1.3679-1.3706
- More information on securing specialist rates, here
- Set up an exchange rate alert, here
The Dollar is finding support amidst renewed investor anxieties over medium-term global growth according to new research, suggesting those watching this currency will have more than just the U.S. Federal Reserve and inflation expectations to consider.
The U.S. Federal Reserve’s ‘hawkish’ shift at their June policy meeting is said by Credit Suisse to be a driver of mid-year U.S. Dollar outperformance, but so too is the rise of the Delta variant of Covid-19.
Foreign exchange researchers at Credit Suisse say the Dollar is now likely benefiting…