- U.S. equity index futures rise; Nasdaq 100 up >1% with GOOGL pop
- U.S. Jan ADP Employment: -301k vs +207k estimate
- Euro STOXX 600 index up ~0.6%
- Dollar, bitcoin dip; gold ~flat; crude gains
- U.S. 10-Year Treasury yield rises to ~1.81%
Feb 2 – Welcome to the home for real-time coverage of markets brought to you by Reuters reporters. You can share your thoughts with us at email@example.com
NASDAQ COMPOSITE: LIFTOFF FROM A LAUNCHING PAD? (0900 EST/1400 GMT)
From its November record high to its January low the Nasdaq Composite (.IXIC) was smashed. read more With this, one measure of internal strength may have reached washed-out levels, and may now be signaling potential for a surprisingly large recovery.
Register now for FREE unlimited access to Reuters.com
The Composite collapsed nearly 17% on a closing basis from its November 19 peak to its January 27 low.
Meanwhile, the Nasdaq New High/New Low (NH/NL) index, which had been diverging for…