1. Once all the costs of the pandemic are computed, Tokyo 2020 could become the costliest Games of all time. But, which Olympics have been the most expensive to date?
A. Sochi 2014
B. Rio de Janeiro 2016
C. London 2012
2. It’s not the first time that a virus has threatened the Games. In 2016, the Brazilian government resisted strong pressure to cancel the Rio de Janeiro Olympics over…
3. US sprinter Sha’Carri Richardson will not compete in Tokyo because of a one-month suspension for cannabis use. The last athlete to test positive for the drug — which is banned despite not being performance-enhancing — at the Olympics was from this country:
4. Tokyo won its first bid to host the Games in 1940. Why was it nixed?
A. The IOC didn’t accept sumo wrestling
B. World War II
C. Japan invaded China
5. Russian athletes will compete in Tokyo under what name?
B. No name, using the Olympic flag
6. For Tokyo 2020,…