ATLANTA, Jan. 22, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Secureworks® (NASDAQ: SCWX), a software-driven security solutions leader, today announced Secureworks Connect, a global virtual event that will convene approximately 1,200 security professionals on Feb. 9, 2021, to explore the transformative effects of data sciences and security analytics software in building a proactive security posture. Notable speakers include cybersecurity expert Melissa Hathaway, author and investigative journalist Geoff White, industry analysts, expert threat researchers, incident responders and data scientists.
Through keynotes, live demos, executive-only sessions, and workshops, attendees will learn about the increasingly vital role of machine learning and software in improving the performance of security operations including a significant return on investment for Managed Detection and Response (MDR). Secureworks’ threat research and incident response teams will share their latest insights on the SolarWinds compromise, and the company will announce initiatives to empower the cybersecurity community to fight adversaries at scale.
- Insights from SolarWinds and the Next Steps for Cybersecurity – Secureworks’ incident response leaders and Counter Threat Unit™ (CTU™) researchers host a discussion and live Q&A on the top takeaways security professionals need to know in a post-SolarWinds environment.
- Simple Isn’t Always Easy: Cybersecurity in the Year Ahead – Melissa Hathaway, president of Hathaway Global Strategies and a former cybersecurity advisor to Presidents George W. Bush and Barack Obama, and Barry Hensley, Secureworks chief threat intelligence officer, discuss the tools and techniques behind the stories that will impact companies in the year to come.
- $13M Reasons Why: Cybercriminals Have Joined Forces, so Pick Your Partner in the Fight Wisely – Geoff White, investigative journalist and author of Crime Dot Com, delves into the cash-out/ATM cyberscam – a successful collaboration between North Korean threat actors and organized cybercrime. Criminals work together. To fight them effectively, your organization cannot go it alone.
- Securing Our Customers – Wendy Thomas, Secureworks president of customer success, outlines the company’s vision and strategy to protect customers with a holistic and differentiated approach to security and shares enhancements to the company’s cloud-native security platform.
- Transforming Your MSSP Business – Maureen Perrelli, Secureworks chief channel officer, unveils solutions to empower and enable MSS professionals with capabilities that address key industry challenges.
- Demystifying XDR – Dave Gruber, senior analyst, ESG and Secureworks’ product marketing and management leaders explore the benefits of XDR.
- The Total Economic Impact™ of Secureworks Managed Detection and Response – Secureworks’ product management leaders and guest speakers, Forrester Analysts Paul McKay and Liz Witherspoon, discuss the findings of a commissioned study conducted by Forrester Consulting on behalf of Secureworks that show the potential financial impact of MDR on enterprises, including the potential for return on investment of over 400 percent over three years with a payback period of less than three months.
- Connecting the Dots to Stop Advanced Threats – Participate in a real-world style attack demo on an organization and how Threat Detection and Response (TDR) can be used to address it.
- Automation, the Next Frontier of Vulnerability Management – Learn how automation is a critical step forward toward a modern vulnerability management solution.
“At a time when digital transformation and collaboration is crucial to business success, Secureworks Connect brings security professionals together to better navigate the increasingly complex and disconnected security landscape,” said Steve Hardy, chief marketing officer, Secureworks. “With our best tools and better coordination, we can prevail over adversaries who seek to exploit gaps created by siloed point solutions and our shared supply chain in the aftermath of the SolarWinds compromise.”
To register for Secureworks Connect, or for more information, click here. For the latest updates on speakers and sessions, follow #SCWXConnect on social media.
Secureworks® (NASDAQ: SCWX) a global cybersecurity leader, enables our customers and partners to outpace and outmaneuver adversaries with more precision, so they can rapidly adapt and respond to market forces to meet their business needs. With a unique combination of cloud-native, SaaS security platform and intelligence-driven security solutions, informed by 20+ years of threat intelligence and research, no other security platform is grounded and informed with this much real-world experience. www.secureworks.com
Connect with Secureworks via Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook
Read the Secureworks Blog
Jena Murphy, Public Relations Manager
*The Total Economic Impact™ of Secureworks Managed Detection And Response: Forrester Consulting, December 2020
Special Note Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
This press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 and Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and are based on Secureworks’ current expectations. In some cases, you can identify these statements by such forward-looking words as “anticipate,” “believe,” “confidence,” “could,” “estimate,” “expect,” “guidance,” “intend,” “may,” “plan,” “potential,” “outlook,” “should,” “will” and “would,” or similar words or expressions that refer to future events or outcomes. Because forward-looking statements inherently involve risks and uncertainties, actual future results may differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. These risks and uncertainties include, but are not limited to, competitive uncertainties and general economic and business conditions in Secureworks’ markets as well as the other risks and uncertainties that are described in Secureworks’ periodic reports and other filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, which are available for review through the Securities and Exchange Commission’s website at www.sec.gov. Any forward-looking statement speaks only as of the date as of which such statement is made, and, except as required by law, we undertake no obligation to update any forward-looking statement after the date as of which such statement was made, whether to reflect changes in circumstances or our expectations, the occurrence of unanticipated events, or otherwise. Any future product, service, feature, benefit or related specification referenced in this press release are for information purposes only and are not commitments to deliver any technology or enhancement.