ISLAMABAD: Minister for Interior Sheikh Rashid Ahmad Monday said the government had achieved a major success in tracing the origin of attackers behind the Gwadar and Quetta terrorist incidents.
Addressing a press conference here, the minister said the suicide bombers involved in the Gwadar blast that took place on August 20 and another explosion targeting an FC convoy on Mastung Road in Quetta, had been identified adding that they had come from Afghanistan, reports APP.
He said two boys lost their lives while four others, including a Chinese national, were injured when a suicide bomber blew himself up targeting a vehicle carrying Chinese nationals in Gwadar, while four people died and 20 were injured on Sunday in a suicide attack near the FC check post.
Replying to a question, he said the Taliban’s desire to become a part of the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) project was a positive sign. “CPEC is the jugular vein of Pakistan, and the…