May 14, 2021
- To keep up with the rapid changes COVID-19 is causing in the economy and housing market, the realtor.com® economics team provides a weekly blog and video update on the relevant real estate and economic information you need to know to navigate the housing market in these challenging times.
- This week, Chief Economist Danielle Hale discusses gas shortages and eye-popping inflation data, particularly for used cars.
- She gives highlights from the latest job openings and labor turnover report, celebrates another drop in jobless claims data, and notes that small business optimism and challenges are consistent with these other data reports.
- In housing, we saw a drop in mortgage rates despite inflation and Danielle discusses the implications for home buyers.
- This week’s housing trend updates show that homes are still selling fast, but also show a tiny buyer-friendly step in…